What Are The Best Medicare
There are a lot of things to consider when buying diabetic shoes. Besides the usual considerations of style and comfort, Americans with diabetes should also be concerned with finding a pair that is covered under Medicare and/or private insurance. This means that shoes must be purchased from an approved supplier, be properly fitted, and be custom-molded by a reputable diabetic shoe brand.
But, which companies are the most reputable in the diabetic shoe world? What are the best therapeutic shoes on the market right now? Those who are new to shopping for this kind of footwear may need some help finding a brand and look that works for them. Here is an introduction to the 7 most popular, Medicare-approved diabetic shoe brands on the market today.
Anodyne The New Brand On The Block
Anodyne is one of the newest diabetic shoe brands on the market. Launched in 2015 and based in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Anodynes story is no doubt a fascinating one launched by a former VP of Dr. Comfort, the company aims to add fashion-forward sleekness to the diabetic shoe market.
- A variety of shoe types including hiking boots, Mary Janes, and sneakers
- Mirror sticker in every box to help with self-inspecting feet
- A unique line of comfortable trail boots and running shoes for active diabetics
Reviews of Anodyne shoes:
Returns & Shipping Charges
- Unwanted Merchandise, Wrong Sizes, Color, etc.: for products being returned because they are no longer wanted or needed, or if the wrong product has been purchased , the customer is responsible for the cost of returning the product back to us .
- Damaged Merchandise Or Wrong Product Received: for products that are being returned due to the fact that they arrived damaged, or because a wrong product was shipped than what was originally ordered, we will provide you with a return label and will ship the replacement product at no additional cost to you. In the event that a refund needs to be issued, we will refund the shipping charges that you paid.
- Exchanges: for products that need to be exchanged, the customer is responsible for the cost of shipping the returned product as well as the cost of shipping for the new product. Customers will be responsible for shipping the original product back to us. Once we have the product in our possession, we will ship out the replacement product immediately.
You May Like: Where Can I Customize My Shoes
How Are Orthopedic Shoes Different Than Basic Footwear
Compared to basic off-the-shelf footwear, orthopaedic shoes usually have these key structural characteristics:
- Extra firm heel counter: Cradles the heel to anchor the foot and reduce overpronation
- Wide toe box: Extra room allows toes to move freely, reducing crowding, rubbing, and excess pressure on bunions and hammertoes
- Stretchable upper: Ensures your feet maintain the correct or natural shape when you wear them. In other words, an orthopaedic shoe conforms to the contours of your foot instead of your foot conforming to the shape of the shoe.
- Extra sizing options: Available in a range of widths such as wide, extra wide, and extra extra wide, to offer a more precise fit
- Protective Interior: Soft, smooth, and breathable interior fabric that provides gentle contact with the foot to prevent blisters, calluses, and corns, which can be especially important in individuals with diabetes.
- Performance midsole: Absorbs shock and promotes a natural gait
- Removable insoles: Many people who need orthopaedic shoes also need custom orthotics so this makes it easy to swap in custom devices or over-the-counter insoles that provide further comfort and support
Ask Us About Cash Discounts
|Medicare Part B provides coverage for 1 pair of custom fit diabetic shoes per year along with 3 custom orthopedic inserts for those who qualify. At your next doctor appointment, ask your doctor to complete the appropriate paperwork and fax it to Kare Drug and we’ll take KARE of the rest!||ATTENTION PROVIDERS: Here’s what you need…Click here for your Kare Drug – Aztec patients and your Kare Drug – Bloomfield patients requesting Anodyne shoes. Please follow each link, print, complete, and fax back to the appropriate pharmacy. Thank you!|
You May Like: Are Hey Dudes Machine Washable
Orthofeet The Neuropathy And Pain Relief Solution
Orthofeet has earned its reputation as the #1 brand recommended by podiatrists. These shoes are all about medical technology, with pain relief at the forefront of their design. For who have multiple foot or pain issues alongside diabetes, Orthofeets scientifically-informed designs can make a huge difference in day-to-day comfort.
- Tie-less laces and heel straps for easy fastening
- Biomechanically engineered designed to maximize pain relief
- A high level of cushioning inside the shoe to help the whole body, including the lower back and legs
- Stretchable material for maximum comfort
Reviews of Orthofeet shoes:
- Padded collar and tongue to prevent heel slippage
Reviews of Apex shoes:
Are Orthopaedic Shoes By Insurance
Orthopedic shoes are covered under many supplemental insurance plans according to the guidelines of the Pedorthic Association of Canada. However, each insurance company has their own stipulations about what brands that they will cover.
If you are unsure about your benefits and orthopedic footwear coverage, check with your employers HR department or your insurance provider. Insurance quotes for orthopedic footwear are recommended to ensure that specific makes and models are approved. Feet First Clinic can also help you get a policy breakdown on your behalf.
Also Check: What Does D Mean On Shoe Size
What Are Orthopaedic Shoes
Orthopaedic shoes are specially designed footwear that provide more support for the feet and ankles than basic footwear they are essentially the gold standard of footwear. Contrary to popular belief:
Some private insurers cover the cost of orthopaedic footwear if it is prescribed by a medical doctor or chiropodist. For more information, see the Insurance & Coverage section below.
If you think you would benefit from getting a pair of orthopaedic shoes, start by booking an appointment with one of our chiropodists. At your appointment, a chiropodist will conduct a comprehensive biomechanical assessment and gait analysis and may write you a prescription for orthopaedic footwear depending on their findings. Orthopaedic shoes are available for purchase and special order at our foot clinic. You can then browse our in-clinic shop with our knowledgeable staff to select the best shoes for you. We can also order orthopaedic footwear on your behalf if we dont have it in stock.
A complimentary shoe-fitting is included with all orthopaedic footwear purchases. Once your shoes arrive, you can try them on at our foot clinic and our footwear specialists will make sure they fit properly.
Dr Comfort The King Of Therapeutic Inserts
Dr. Comfort has earned its place as one of the most popular diabetic shoe brands. Founded in Mequon, Wisconsin in 2002, the companys use of 3D technology has made it a particularly popular choice for custom inserts. Dr. Comforts wide range of styles and customization options has made it a podiatrist favorite.
- The highest volume producer of custom diabetic inserts, with 3D printing technology used to get the fit just right
- A great brand for first-time diabetic shoe buyers, with both prescription and non-prescription options
- Very wide range of shoes, from athletic wear to dress shoes
- Offers machine washable options
Read Also: Kyetococcus Sedentarius
How Can You Help
Please share and bookmark this site to check where products are manufactured before buying. We are regularly updating with new brands.
Buying closer to home is more expensive initially, but the quality is usually higher and it is better for the environment & the economy.
Shipping a new pair of shoes half way around the world is not ethical
Weve have added Amazon links to products which supports our site. Thank you for doing so!
Please check back regularly and share our site, as we are updating daily with new additions.
We donate 50% of Profits to The Rotary Foundation supporting projects that focus on disease prevention, treatment, water, sanitation, maternal and child health.
What Are The Benefits Of Orthopaedic Shoes
Orthopaedic shoes are good for the sole. After all, ortho means correct and pedic means foot. By definition, they are as good as shoes can get for your feet. Orthopaedic shoes are designed to fit correctly in order to properly support and accommodate the structure and mechanics of the feet and legs in all the right places .
Recommended Reading: How Much Does It Cost To Ship Shoes