Enjoy Beautiful Cuisine Cocktails And Ocean Views At Sandals Grande Riviera Beach & Villa Golf Resort
Located on the golden shoreline of the tranquil tourist town of Ocho Rios, the Sandals Grande Riviera is a newly built resort that pushes the all-inclusive concept to its limits. Along with a gorgeous stretch of sun-kissed beach, the resort operates a continuously running beach club, with pools, a swim-up bar, seven seaside restaurants, and a wood-carved treehouse terrace with sweeping views over the ocean. A few steps back from the seafront are large, lush gardens, with spa-treatment cabanas and a two-storey, cocktail-serving gazebo. And for those desiring a full-strength blend of privacy and luxury, a sprinkling of villas are perched on a green hillside overlooking the sea, with butler service included.
Which Sandals Resorts Have The Most Beautiful Beaches
Sandals Resorts are all located in the most sought after locations in the Caribbean with stunning views and incredible backdrops. Settle in on the white sand beach underneath a straw umbrella, listen to the calming sounds of the ocean, and sip on a ice-cold signature cocktail – life doesn’t get much better than this!
The Best Sandals Resorts For Golfers
My dad wanted me to be a golfer, but I am most definitely not. I am very bad at it and I find it boring. However, I have done some research in order to help you choose the best Sandals Resorts for golf. Many of my clients ask me about golf, and the best Sandals Resorts for golfers in Jamaica are located near Sandals Golf and Country Club in Ochos Rios.
Sandals Ochi and Sandals Royal Plantation are located near Sandals Golf and Country Club in Ochos Rios. Enjoy unlimited play while overlooking the sea only 15 minutes away from Sandals Ochi and Sandals Royal Plantation. This beautiful 18-hole golf course offers a practice range, putting and chipping greens, pro shop, restaurant and snack shack.
Keep in mind that while green fees are included in your Sandals vacation, you will have to rent clubs or bring your own
Sandals Golf & Country Club in Ochos Rios, Jamaica.
Recommended Reading: Are Barefoot Shoes Good For Running
Best Sandals Resort In Jamaica
This page may contain compensated links. For more information read our disclaimer here.
by Kristin Young | Updated On: June 23, 2022 | Jamaica
If youre looking for an exotic and romantic getaway for you and your significant other, and want to make sure you choose the best Sandals Resort in Jamaica, weve got you covered. You cant get more iconic than a stay at any of the Sandals Resort Jamaica properties, and they all have something a bit unique to offer.
In This Post:
Sandals Jamaica Resorts are exclusive, adults only resorts with 5* ratings that offer a fully inclusive vacation experience. These high-end all inclusive resorts in Jamaica and around the Caribbean are famous for their luxury included philosophy read any Sandals Jamaica review and youll find plenty of raving fans.
People often ask which Sandals Resort is the best in Jamaica?
But the truth is, theres no one answer to that question. Theres only which Sandals all inclusive Jamaica is going to be the best for you and your needs.
Two new Sandals Jamaica Resorts are coming soon: Sandals Dunns River and Sandals Royal Dunns River! We will update this post once they open.
As standard, all Sandals Resorts in Jamaica include:
As you can see, a stay at any Sandals hotel Jamaica is truly a special experience, with pretty much everything included in your stay that you could wish for.
What is the best Sandals Resort in Jamaica? Lets find out!
Safety: Jamaica Vs Punta Cana
Punta Cana and Jamaica are considered safe places to visit, especially if you stay within your resort and enjoy the services offered there. Most resorts have their own security personnel and protocols in place. If you choose to get out to explore, like in any other destination, it is important to practice good judgment by avoiding isolated locations and remaining alert. If youre interested in visiting a particular location, you may want to mention it to the staff at your resort so that they can provide you with some guidance and information.
You May Like: What Stores Sell Naot Shoes
Sandals Halcyon Beach St Lucia
Sandals Halcyon St. Lucia boasts classic Caribbean architecture and tropical gardens. Three restaurants are highlighted by the legendary Pier Restaurant, the islands most impressive dining experience set directly on the sea. This resort caters to a slightly older crowd.
Traveler Reviews Sandals Halcyon Beach
What people love about Sandals Halcyon Beach:
The common complaints about Sandals Halcyon Beach:
Other things to note about Sandals Halcyon Beach:
- Sandals Halcyon is located between Sandals La Toc and Sandals Grande. The free shuttle service is available every 2 hours and takes 10-15 minutes to get to the other resorts. It is on time and the shuttle is air conditioned.
- Be aware of the difference between, ocean view, and, ocean front, so, that you can get the room you want.
- Be aware that there is frequently work underway to upgrade parts of the resort.
- Sandals Halcyon is the smallest, most quiet, and, laid back, of the 3 resorts. The resort has a quaint intimate setting with grounds that look like a tropical paradise. If you want a quiet relaxing vacation with all the amenities available this may be the resort for you.
The Best Way To Experience Jamaica
Jamaica is a wonderland of allure and stunning, natural beauty. From scenic cliffs and majestic waterfalls to pristine lagoons and bubbling hot springs, the region boasts plenty of things to do amid a diverse terrain. Relax on a river raft ride along the Martha Brae or zip down a canopy at full speed over ancient sugar mill ruins whatever your fancy, Jamaica offers tours and excursions that satisfy the whims of the most adventurous or the most laidback traveller.
Read Also: How Much Is The Balenciaga Shoes
Which Sandals Resort Has The Most Facilities And Activities
- Sandals Emerald Bay, Bahamas – best swimming pools, golf
- Sandals Royal Bahamian, Bahamas – best scuba diving, nightlife, has an offshore private island
|Sandals Montego Bay in Jamaica is good for waterskiing…||…and it’s a good place to spend an evening|
Best Sandals Resort For Hurricane Season
Hurricane season is from July to November, which makes up half of the year. If you are worried about hurricane season, dont worry so much. Hurricanes only affect a small portion of travelers each year.
If you want to go to the best Sandals resort for hurricane season, Curacao is the best bet because it is outside of the hurricane belt.
Sandals St Lucia, Barbados and Grenada are also great options with reduced risks.
Don’t Miss: Where To Get Basketball Shoes
Which Sandals Resort Gets The Best Reviews
|Sandals Grande St Lucian Resort is a good choice for younger couples…||…and it is one of the most popular resorts with customers|
Sandals Royal Bahamian / Sandals Emerald Bay
Sandals Emerald Bay in the Exumas offers 11 restaurants including Soy, Bombay Club, La Parisienne, Kimonos, and Café de Paris, while Sandals Royal Bahamian in Nassau has 10 restaurants inclusive of Butchs, Soy, La Plume, Kimonos, and Gordons on the Pier Restaurant.
Picture: Located at the tip of the resort’s pier surrounded by azure blue waters, Gordon’s offers panoramic ocean views from a romantic seaside setting.
Recommended Reading: How To Wash Brooks Shoes
Sandals Emeralds Bay Resort
Great Exuma, Bahamas
If you love golf, youll love the 18-hole, 7001 yards, par 72 golf course designed by Greg Norman at Sandals Emerald Bay. It features six beautiful oceanfront holes on the peninsula. When youre not golfing, you can take a dip in the Caribbeans largest zero-entry pool, or relax at the Red Lane Spa. There are 12 five-star gourmet dining options, so youll never run out of ways to enjoy yourself.
Sandals Emerald Bay is located 15 minutes from the Georgetown International Airport
Which Resorts Have Over
Two Jamaican Sandals resorts offer deluxe Over-the-Water Bungalows Sandals Royal Caribbean and Sandals South Coast. Sandals bungalows include glass floors, Tranquility Soaking Tubs, and personalized butler service. They are considerably more expensive than standard rooms but worth the splurge if its your honeymoon or some other special occasion.
Whether youre looking for a private oasis to escape the hustle and bustle of daily life or a luxurious setting to celebrate your love, Sandals Over-the-Water Bungalows will exceed your expectations.
Also Check: What Is The Best Shoe Store
A Guide To The Best Sandals Resorts
Sandals with the best beach: Grande Antigua, Sandals South Coast, Sandals Grande St Lucian
Sandals with overwater bungalows: South Coast, Grande St Lucian, Royal Carribean
Best resorts for active vacations: Grande Antigua, Montego Bay, Negril, and Ochi.
Best Sandals resorts for relaxing: Emerald Bay, Negril, Grenada, Royal Caribbean, South Coast, Halycon Beach, and Royal Plantation
Sandals resorts with access to golf course: Ochi, Royal Plantation, Emerald Bay, Grande St Lucian, Halcyon Beach, and Regency La Toc
Sandals resorts with over-the-water wedding chapel: Sandals Ochi, Sandals Grande St Lucian, Sandals Montego Bay, and Sandals South Coast
Culture: Jamaica Vs Punta Cana
Jamaica and Punta Cana both have unique cultural histories with foundations in their ancestry and colonization.
Jamaica was once a British colony that was home to many slaves from West Africa. This is one of the reasons why Jamaican culture and traditions tend to mirror British and West African customs. Britains influence is seen in the architecture of older, Georgian-style buildings, while the West African influence can be seen in the local cuisine. Also, like most Caribbean people, Jamaicans love to season their food with lots of herbs and spices, a practice they inherited from their African forefathers. Jamaican culture also includes their creole language, the local dialect, and reggae music, which can usually be heard all across the island.
Meanwhile, Punta Cana is part of the Dominican Republic and has Spanish and African roots with a history that also includes early Taino settlers. Their local cuisine reflects the influences of their ancestry while their music and dancing styles, like the bachata and the merengue, speak specifically to their Spanish roots.
Don’t Miss: How To Measure Baby Feet For Shoes
Which Sandals Resort In Jamaica Should You Go To
Posted on Last updated: April 15, 2022
Take a beautiful, tropical destination like Jamaica and all-inclusive accommodations at one of the best Sandals Resorts and you are almost guaranteed an amazing honeymoon. Now when you do your research, you are going to notice there are six different Sandals resorts on the Island. We are going to share with you some highlights of each resort to help you choose which resort to visit. The good thing is, you dont have to pick just one. You can split your time between different resorts or even split your time between two islands.
Regardless of which Sandals Resort in Jamaica, you choose the all-inclusive package that will include gourmet dining at up to 16 restaurants per resort as well as all meals and snacks, premium liquors, and wines with up to 11 bars at every resort and a stocked bar in every room. You can even visit the other Sandals resorts to dine, guaranteeing you should not get bored with the food.
Theres no shortage of thrills to be had either, with PADI-certified scuba diving, water sports, golf courses, day and night time entertainment, and beach sports to engage in will you team up or play against your partner? Everything is taken care of for you there are even personal butler services for most of the top tier suites. With every resort being adults-only, you can bathe in the romance of tranquillity.
Pros Of Sandals Grande St Lucian:
- The service is great and very accommodating.
- Guests spoke very highly about the food they had at the restaurants.
- Rooms have a nice design and are located with great views.
- Many of the guests suggest paying extra for the butler service.
- Sandals Grande St. Lucian has many pools you can use.
- The serene atmosphere on the beach will leave you speechless.
- There are a lot of chairs available.
- There are plenty of water activities if you are into that sort of thing.
- St Lucia is a spectacular place if you like to dive or snorkel.
Also Check: How Often Should You Replace Running Shoes
Other Notable Differences Between The Sandals Resorts
- The three Saint Lucia resorts have free transport between each one, so you can stay at one and use the facilities at the others.
- According to Sandals there are three resorts which tend to be popular with older visitors – Sandals Grande Antigua, Sandals Royal Plantation in Jamaica and Sandals Halcyon Beach in Saint Lucia.
- Similarly, according to Sandals there are three resorts which are more popular with younger visitors – Sandals Grande St. Lucian in Saint Lucia, Sandals Ochi in Jamaica and Sandals Royal Bahamian in the Bahamas
- Three resorts have some ultra-posh bungalows over the water, so your accommodation is sat on stilts in the sea – Sandals South Coast and Sandals Royal Caribbean in Jamaica and Sandals Grande St. Lucian in Saint Lucia.
- Ten resorts have either opened or had big refurbishments in the last 10 years – Sandals Ochi, Sandals South Coast, Sandals Royal Barbados, Sandals Barbabos, Sandals Montego Bay, Sandals Royal Caribbean, Sandals Grenada and Sandals Emerald Bay. Sandals Royal Curaçao is the newest resort, whilst Sandals Royal Bahamian is the resort which was most recently renovated.
Unlimited Play & Complimentary Green Fees
Jamaicas lush landscape and awe-inspiring coastlines with sweeping views of the sea and mountains create a dramatic backdrop for the perfect golf holiday. Featuring some of the finest golf destinations in the world, Jamaica is home to the Jamaica Golf & Country Club Sandals 18-hole course that rises 700 feet above sea level in the verdant hills of Ocho Rios.
Recommended Reading: Are Naot Shoes Good For Plantar Fasciitis
Sandals Royal Caribbean Jamaica
Situated just outside Montego Bay, Sandals Royal Caribbean is an active Sandals destination with plentiful activities. It is known for its private island just a short boat ride away.
This is the Sandals Resort for you if:
- You are looking for a resort with over-the-water bungalows.
- You are looking for a smaller resort that is easy to navigate.
- You are social. Since the resort is so small, youll get to know all of the staff and other guests.
This probably is NOT the resort for you if:
- You are looking for a party resort. Royal Caribbean is more about R& R.
- You like to take long walks along the beach. The beach at Sandals Royal Caribbean is on the smaller side.
- You dont want to hear airplanes taking off and landing during your vacation. Sandals Royal Caribbean is 10 minutes away from the airport.
What people love about Sandals Royal Caribbean:
- Staff are welcoming and professional. They work hard to ensure that you have a nice stay.
- Guests said the following staff members provided top-notch service: Warren, Ellis, Dwight, Nigy, Nicole, Shaq, Steve, Akine, Garfield, Elizabeth, Sherrianne, Dwayne, Kemar, Chad, Patrice, Akeem, Danielle, Nicolas, Clayon, Roy.
- Butlers really add an extra spark to your vacation to make your stay special.
- The resort is smaller in size. Like a community very calm, not a party resort.
- Resort is clean and well-maintained. Landscaping is beautiful there are tropical flowers everywhere. It seems easy to navigate.
- The beach is quaint and clean.
Best Sandals Resort For Golf
- Sandals Emerald Bay has a championship course on property.
- Sandals Regency La Toc has a 9 hole executive golf course on property, Guests who stay at least 6 nights will also have free access to the 18 hole championship course at St. Lucia Golf Club.
- Sandals Ochi and Sandals Royal Plantation are each about 15 minutes from the golf course but transfers and greens fees are included with your stay.
Don’t Miss: How Much Do Yeezy Shoes Cost