Womens Atac 20 6 Side Zip Boot Details
The boot worn by the worlds leading public safety personnel in a 6 height with side zip, the 5.11® A.T.A.C. 2.0. Its lighter and more comfortable, yet maintains its reputation for toughness and durability. A new air flow tongue and full-length dual durometer Ortholite® footbed work to keep your feet cool, dry and comfortable all day, every day. Another new feature, the Achilles heel flex zone, gives a critical part of your foot more range of motion without compromising support. The full-grain leather toe, 840D nylon upper and Shock Mitigation System® provide the kind of rugged protection you need. Imported. Shop the A.T.A.C. 2.0 Collection.
- Air flow breathable tongue construction
- Full-length dual durometer Ortholite® footbed
- Achilles heel flex zone for enhanced comfort & flexibility
- Shock Mitigation System®
- Ortholite® Achilles cuff for comfort
- YKK® side zipper
Under Armour Womens Valsetz Rts 15 Tactical Boot
The Valsetz Rts 1.5 is a 6-inch tactical boot from Under Armour. I like the fit of these boots because theyre comfortable to wear together with regular-width socks and thick winter socks.
These boots are flexible and lightweight to use for work and leisure. I wear them for 10 hours daily and even tried running them on a treadmill without any issues. They feel similar to high-top tennis shoes, especially the high level of ankle support.
The toe area isnt metal but soft material that feels comfortable to wear for an extended time with trenous duties. That being said, these boots should pass through the metal detector without any trouble. Notably, the flat part is made of mesh, making it comfortable to wear on hot days.
I believe that these boots are non-slip and water-resistant. I was walking under heavy rain and snow, and my feet were pretty dry. Additionally, the traction is extraordinary as the soles hold a secure grip on the floor, especially when I was pulling large pallets of merchandise.
- Flexible and lightweight to use even when running
- Offers magnificent ankle coverage for the prevention of injuries
- Soft toe construction feels comfortable and can pass through metal detectors
- Mesh flat part makes the boots breathable during hot weather
- Adequate water resistance protects feet from rain or any moisture
- Delivers excellent traction to work smoothly on any surface
- May take a while to soften the ankle area
Reebok Duty Womens Rapid Response Tactical Boot
Rapid Response is an 8-inch boot from Reebok which fashions a unique coyote color. Its one of the most comfortable boots I tried with its roomy toe box area and breathable nylon mesh lining.
These boots are lightweight, almost as light as tennis shoes or sneakers. So far, I havent experienced any pain or blisters when using this pair. I especially love the composite toe as it helps reduce leg fatigue with less weight.
I feel that the cattle hide leather can last for very long. The material feels durable and tough to endure in any environment. Together with the ballistic nylon, these boots provide incredible strength against external threats. Therefore, it is among the nice choices for tactical shoes that handle construction work.
The boots come with a removable F2A PU cushion Insert, which I love for extra comfort and pressure relief. The rubber soles also provide excellent traction to work on any surface, whether snowy roads or wet pavements. Thankfully, the soles dont stick way out in the sides and back to make my feet bigger.
- Comfortable with the roomy toe box area and mesh lining
- Composite toe reduces weight to reduce leg fatigue
- Has a durable construction of cattle hide leather and ballistic nylon
- Removable insert helps prevent foot injuries
- Rubber soles work on any surface and dont stick out
- Looks beautiful with the unique coyote color
- Costs more than standard women tactical shoes
Read Also: How To Sell Used Shoes On Goat
Reebok Womens Sublite Cushion Tactical Boot Rb806
When my Nike tactical boots womens got ruined, my friend gave me these Reebok Sublite boots. These shoes are incredibly flexible and comfortable to wear even when running.
Im a fan of the high-arch design because it makes it easy to navigate rough terrains and climb ladders. The boots got removable insoles to help stabilize our feet and prevent blisters. I believe that theyre water-resistant because the nylon mesh wicks the moisture away.
I appreciate the targeted rubber on the outsole because it makes the traction extremely good. I also like the Sublite foam midsole that helps minimize weight and allows greater flexibility. Thanks to the full-foot flex grooves, I feel even more mobile when wearing these boots to work.
I love to wear these boots in winter because the interior has plenty of padding, especially around the top. The MemoryTech Massage footbed conforms to the contours of my feet, offering instant comfort when I wear these boots. The entire fit feels comfortable that walking or standing for long hours is no longer a pain.
- High-arch design improves movement in rough terrains
- Removable insoles protect feet from blisters
- Has sufficient water resistance to keep feet dry
- Targeted rubber on outsole improves traction
- Flexible to wear with the Sublite foam midsole and full-foot flex grooves
- MemoryTach Massage footbed offers immediate comfort
- Flap fabric inside the zipper may fold awkwardly
How Can I Make My Womens Tactical Boots More Comfortable
The first thing you can do is wear cushioned socks that also wick away moisture. Although some tactical boots provide cushioned soles, you can use inserts to conform to the contours of your feet better. Gel insoles or inserts are the best in relieving the pressure on your feet.
When your boots are made of leather, they tend to get stiff over time. Try investing in a good cream or lotion to condition the leather and give them plenty of give. You can also use a boot stretcher to make adjustments so that you prevent the leather from shrinkage.
Don’t Miss: Where To Buy Louboutin Shoes
Under Armour Womens Stellar Tactical Boot
Under Armour Stellar are minimalist-style black boots with a polishable toe. These female tactical boots run true to size and are perfect to wear for long hours of standing.
The Stellar Boots are made of 100% leather and 900D nylon textile to provide a durable construction. Theyre coated with UA Storm technology to keep your feet dry in wet weather situations. When I walk in rain and snow, my feet remain dry.
These military style womens boots feel comfortable to wear outdoors and at work. Theyre lightweight, almost feel like tennis shoes, and keep my feet warm during cold weather. After weeks of use, I havent noticed any damage.
I love the ankle support on this pair of Under Armour womens military style boots because it has saved me in a lot of twisted-ankle situations. The molded EVA midsole also provides extra support and stability with its strong TPU shank. More significantly, you wont slip on these shoes as the sole comes with subtle rubber lugs.
- Runs true to size for a perfect fit
- 100% leather and 900D nylon construction feels sturdy
- UA Storm technology keeps the water out from the feet
- Feels lightweight to wear for work and outdoors
- Provides excellent ankle support and traction
- Offers great stability with the TPU shanks
- Might need a break-in period to soften up
Additional Women Tactical Clothing
Along with specifically designed duty boots, women require tactical clothing that offers comfort and fit for long days out in the field or on patrol. A key piece of a womans tactical uniform is the duty pants, such as the 5.11 Taclite Ripstop pants. These women’s ripstop pants come in over six colors, sizes ranging from 2-20, and four different lengths.
Another tactical pant option for women is the Galls Tac Force Pant. These budget-friendly uniform tactical pants offer cargo pockets, elastic waistband, soil, and stain resistance as well as a generous fit.
Women require more than tactical pants to complete their uniform. Galls has a large selection of women’s performance polos, 5.11 ripstop shorts, and the Propper Long Sleeve Performance Polo to name a few. Complete your tactical uniform by equipping yourself with the best tactical gear. Galls features a large catalog of personal equipment that perfectly complements your duty boots, including tactical duty belts, flashlights, tactical gloves, concealment holsters, and much more.
Sign Up For Galls News, Sales, And Deals
You May Like: Sam Edelman Ginger Gladiator Sandals
Danner Womens Prowess Military And Tactical Boot
Prowess is a side-zip tactical boot made of leather and nylon upper to provide extreme comfort. Its super lightweight, so the pair is perfect to use for hiking and long hours of standing at work.
I love the ankle support that I get with these shoes. My feet dont get hurt even when walking or standing for hours. Likewise, the pentagonal lug pattern on the outsoles amazes me with its great stability in the snow and rough terrains.
The side zipper makes these boots quick to wear and remove, providing a big help when Im truly exhausted. My biggest concern was keeping my feet dry, and this pair didnt disappoint. No water entered into the boots when I stepped on a puddle of water accidentally, and best of all, my feet dont get sweaty anymore.
I love the soft-toe design that can be polished to look neat for work. It feels comfortable and easy to pass on all metal detectors. Theres also plenty of room to let my toes move freely.
- Comfortable to wear even worn for long hours
- Provides excellent ankle support
- Pentagonal lug pattern on the sole grips hard on any surface
- Easy to wear and remove, thanks to the side-zippers
- Has adequate water resistance to keep the feet dry
- Polishable toe feels soft, roomy, and safe from metal detectors
- Size runs slightly small
Best Womens Tactical Boots Of 202: Complete Reviews With Comparisons
For as long as we can remember, manufacturers have designed tactical footwear primarily for utility and protection.
It has only been a few decades since innovations in fashion and improvements in gender equality have specified military boots for women.
Today, the best womens tactical boots are here to fulfill womens adventure boots and duty uniform requirements.
If youre a woman looking for a pair of tactical shoes or army boots, were here to give you five excellent options.
These options may not be available in your nearest tactical retail stores, but you can grab them here for instant comfort.
Also Check: What Happened To Rod Laver Shoes
Womens Atac Tactical Military Combat Boot 12403
The ATAC 2.0 12403 are 8-inch side-zip tactical boots for women from 5.11. These womens military combat boots are perfect for hiking or patrol, thanks to their rugged construction.
The toe is made from a suede material, so it feels soft and gentle. I like the 840D nylon upper as it keeps my feet breathing to prevent perspiration buildup. Likewise, the YKK side zippers surprise me with their smooth mechanism, allowing me to wear the boots easily.
These womens tactical shoes feel really lightweight, like walking on clouds. They feel comfortable as the interior is made of a new breathable tongue and dual durometer Ortholite footbed for better airflow. I also feel super protected with the shock mitigation system and flexible Achilles heel zone.
Having a knife pocket is a big bonus, especially in camping situations where I need to prepare food. Its placed just below the boot top on the exterior, so its quite accessible. An added SlipStream on the slip-resistant outsoles also makes these boots more stable in any environment, even on oily surfaces.
- Suede toe feels comfortable, while 840D nylon upper keeps perspiration at bay
- YKK side zippers work smoothly and make the boots easy to wear
- Lightweight and cool to wear, thanks to the airflow tongue and Ortholite footbed
- Achilles heel zone provides ample ankle support
- Built with a pocket knife for extra functionality
- SlipStream outsoles keep feet stable at any surface
- May feel a little wide for small feet
How Do You Break In New Tactical Boots Fast
Breaking in boots takes time, especially if what you did is only wear them constantly. A quicker way is to wet them.
First, place the boots in a washtub or bathtub. Fill with water until the boots are fully soaked. After several minutes, remove the boots from the water and put them on with your socks. Consider using two pairs of socks because the leather shrinks as it dries, and you want a little wiggle room for daily wear.
Wear the wet boots for a full day. After that, take out the insoles and let them dry. You can dry the boots outside or put them in front of a fan to completely dry.
Drying time may take a couple of days. If the boots remain stiff, repeat this process until they soften.
Also Check: Where Are Hotter Shoes Made
What To Look For When Buying Womens Tactical Boots
Tactical boots help protect your foot from elements and even offer extra stability in your steps. These shoes come in handy on any occasion, so its important that you choose the most reliable one for the mission. Here are some things to consider when looking for womens tactical boots.
Boots need to be as perfectly fit as possible because they can reduce comfort and cause blisters. The best way to get the right fit is to try the boots yourself in the store. Wear socks and do it later in the day when your feet are not swollen.
Try walking the boots around a little. You shouldnt feel any pressure against the sides and Achilles tendon. There should be enough room for your toes, and your heel shouldnt slip in the back.
Now, if you cant go to the store, know your boot size. Measure the length and width of your foot. You can then refer to the sizing chart provided by the brand.
- Height: 6 Inches Vs 8 Inches
Part of what makes tactical boots comfortable is how far the outsole goes up your calf. Typically, tactical boots come in six or eight inches high.
Six-inch boots are more flexible than their eight inches counterparts, making them ideal for construction work and police foot patrols. Many EMTs and first responders select these boots for their right mix of support and flexibility in walking the stairs. Theyre also easier to run, but the weight and tightness of the lace also matter.
- Support And Protection
Propper Series 100 8 Side Zip Boot
Based on true U.S. sizing with free inserts for the perfect comfortable fit. These high quality materials will stand up over time to keep you moving.
Propper® footwear was designed for long lasting comfort and durability. All of our boots are based on true U.S. sizing to provide the perfect fit. Leather and 1000D nylon upper can be pulled snug with a quick and easy speed lace system. Our triple density rubber foundation and an arch made from a durable compound, will hold up to the rigors of fast-roping. The Series 100® is a great value in footwear.
- NATO speed lacing system
- YKK® side zippers with zipper guard
- FREE fit inserts included to help achieve a precision fit
- Polishable full grain leather with 1000D nylon upper
- Hydroguard waterproof PTFE bootie construction
- Durable, coated, speed lace hardware with 550 paracord lacing
- Fast-rope compatible arch design resists wear from ladders and fast-roping
- Premium memory foam insole
- Washable closed cell foam inserts contour to your foot for weight distribution and arch support
- Oil- and slip-resistant rubber outsole for excellent traction and impact absoprtion
- Open cell air mesh foam provides full foot air circulation for maximum comfort
- Anti-microbial breathable lining prevents odor and extends the life of the boot
- Triple stitching for durability
You May Like: What Shoes Have The Best Arch Support
Breaking In Your Tactical Boots
A.K.A. How to not destroy your feet when you get a new pair of boots.
All new boots need breaking in. It’s necessary for:
- The boots to adjust to your feet. No matter what you do with your boots. Their stitching is going to flex and the material is going to compress. Changing the shape of the boot.
- Your feet to adjust to the boots. Your feet are going to build up more skin on certain areas – according to where the boots are rubbing them.
Breaking in your boots will take you a week or two. Give them some light wear for a week before wearing them properly. Around the house or in the backyard will do the trick.
Be patient. The worst thing you could do with a new pair of boots is wearing them for a full day straight away. That will destroy your foot – believe us, as we have experienced it first hand.
Types Of Tactical Military Boots
Once you’ve answered the above questions, here are the three general types of tactical boots that you can choose from:
Lightweight 6″tactical boots are comfortable on shorter distances & light loads. They give you less ankle support, but you don’t need it either. Excellent for urban areas, for example.
Full-size 8″ tactical boots are better for long hikes with a lot of gear on your back. Especially if we’re talking about rough terrain. For that, high ankle boots are a must.
Finally, if you need to spend hours in cold & wet conditions, look into getting full-leather tactical boots. They’re more expensive but will pay off if you need to operate in snowy conditions.
Recommended Reading: Gucci Men’s Tennis Sneakers
Womens Atac Tactical Military Combat Boot
The 12404 is a six-inch tactical side-zip military combat boot that provides a lot of support and flexibility. These boots tread well on uneven terrains because they normally bend easily.
What I love the most about these combat boots is that they dont appear larger than their actual size. Theyre lightweight and comfortable to wear for a long-hour shift. My favorite is the Achilles heel flex zone, as it allows more range of motion for my duties.
Another notable feature of the 12404 is the side-zipper that makes the boots easy to wear and take off. I like that these shoes are true to size, so the fit was very comfortable. Moreover, they provide perfect ankle coverage to prevent my feet from getting twisted whenever I jump or run.
Im impressed with the traction of this pair. The rubber sole gives an excellent grip on any surface, even in oily areas and snow grounds. Additionally, the construction seems to last long because of the rugged suede toe, sturdy YKK zippers, and 840D nylon upper that can endure any weather.
- Naturally bends when walking over uneven terrains
- Doesnt look bulky on feet despite the size
- Achilles heel flex zone allows more feet movement for flexibility
- Side zippers make the boots easy to put on and off
- Offers excellent traction on any surface, including oily surfaces
- Provides superb traction and durable construction of materials
- Might fit slightly snug for the first few days