Need Extra Room Or Support
Get the Altheas Footwear Fit. We measure and observe, then match you with the best pair of shoes for your comfort and activities.
Maybe you need more arch supportor less. Or a stretch to make your toes comfortable. We customize your new shoes to be their best for your feetin our own shop for no extra charge.
Do your unique feet feel uncomfortable in most shoes? Our staff are either Certified Pedorthists or professional shoe-fitters with many years experience.
Tips To Avoid Bunion Pain
Here are some general tips for wearing a shoe that minimizes your bunion pain:
- Dont wear basic models of shoes. This includes flip-flops, sandals, running shoes, or otherwise. Lacking the right support or width can make your bunions feel excruciating. If your bunions really bother you, then the right pair of shoes is important.
- Wear flats. Steep high heels often have cramped, narrow toe boxes and the angle of the shoe places your body weight onto the balls of your feet. This puts a lot of stress on your bunion. If you do want to wear elevated shoes, opt for platform shoes or wedge heels with a gradual slope. This will support your weight across the whole foot.
- Wear socks. This may seem obvious, but be careful not to wear shoes without socks. This can irritate your bunions or expose them to harm from your environment.
Features Of A Good Orthopedic Walking Shoe
There are a few features that make the best orthopedic walking shoe;
- Fit Most Orthopedic shoe types have an extra depth and wider width design with a Non-Binding fit, which is ideal for foot conditions and health issues that may cause foot deformities, swelling, and feet to become more fragile and prone to ulcers and damage from any pressure. The extra depth design also allows you to add orthotics for comfort and support.
- Removable Insoles Orthopedic shoes will most likely have a removable insole or footbed, which also allows you to use your preferred foot orthotics and inserts.
- Comfort and Support features Many orthopedic walking shoes have stability and support functions to aid with lack of balance and keep feet properly aligned. Moisture-wicking linings, a seam-free interior, and ample cushioning add to the comfort factor.
- Low heel and stable platform When it comes to the heel type and outsole and midsole of orthopedic footwear, you will notice that the heel is usually low or the sole is uniform and thick. This is for further stability and shock absorbency for added support and comfort.
You May Like: How Much Is It To Ship Shoes
The Importance Of Orthopedic Walking Shoes
Gone are the days when you had to pay no attention whatsoever to the kind of walking shoes you wore and not thinking of the orthopedic structure of the shoe: This often led to not only discomfort but, every so often, damage to your foot. Nowadays, of course, there are some excellent options available to people looking to buy orthopedic walking shoes.
- Discomfort in Narrow Walking Shoes In my opinion: people who feel discomfort wearing shoes. Many times it is because the shoes are too narrow, so one should first see whether a wide width walking shoes can solve the problem.
- Shoes for Overweight People We covered here the best walking shoes for overweight men and best shoes for overweight women; Now we will cover orthopedic walking shoes available for those who have some orthopedic structural problem or discomfort while walking.
- Shoes for Heel Pain or Ball of Foot Pain In case you have plantar fasciitis, or in case that you have a high arch foot, you must use a high arch support walking shoe to eliminate pain, that occurs at the bottom of the heel. In case you suffer from pain in your ball of the foot, you should check our article on the best shoes for Metatarsalgia.
Innovative Neuropathy Shoes Offer The Ultimate Comfort & Protection For Persons With Neuropathy
- Orthofeet neuropathy shoes feature soft fabric interior, padded with foam that eliminates friction and offers superior comfort and protection for peripheral neuropathy and diabetic neuropathy.
- The stretchable uppers;of these shoes for neuropathy conform to the contours of the foot, ease pressure points and enhance comfort.
- Premium Orthotic Insoles with anatomical arch support control overpronation and help reduce pressure on the bottom of the foot.
- Wide toe box and extra depth design offer a relaxed fit and extra room for toe movement in these diabetic neuropathy shoes.
- The ergonomic soles of Orthofeet shoes for diabetics neuropathy provide unsurpassed cushioning and stability.
Recommended Reading: How Do Gianvito Rossi Shoes Fit
What Makes A Walking Shoe Orthopedic
For the most part, an orthopedic shoe design allows you to use your own orthotic devices such as inserts and insoles by having extra depth or removable layers and insoles that create extra space.
Other than that, the fit is usually roomier, especially in the forefoot and toe box area,d there are most likely wide width options available.
Furthermore, orthopedic walking shoes will have comfort and support features such as stability characteristics and cushioning insole and the midsole to absorb shock.
Orthopedic shoes also mostly do not have high heels or structures that can cause pain or discomfort to your feet.
Shop At Home & Pick Up In The Us
It’s easy to get what you want. Order the items you love on Sears.com, ship your order to a U.S. address or just pick up at a U.S. Sears store.
Free U.S. Store Pickup
Order something online but need a little help picking it up? No problem. You can pay and pick up online orders at a Sears store.
shop now;|;;find a Sears store;| ;learn more
U.S. Shipping & Delivery
Looking to keep it simple? Get your order shipped or delivered to any address in the United Statesincluding hotels. Get a little help from friends and family to get what you wantsimply have your order delivered right to them.
Sears makes it easy for Canadian customers to shop for pickup in the United States. Simply log into;www.sears.com;and you can order anything you want for USA delivery, from sturdy Craftsman;lawn and garden;tools to dependable Die Hard;car batteries. Whether you’re planning on picking up your order in an American Sears location or shipping to an American address, the process is simple and hassle-free.
It’s easy to get packages of any size delivered to a USA address, at Sears. From small Kenmore;kitchen appliances;to large shipments like Samsung;flat panel TVsand Sealy;mattresses, Sears makes cross border shipping and pickup easy. Save big by shopping from the comfort of your own home today.
Recommended Reading: Does Shoe Carnival Have Vans
Therapeutic Shoes That Look Good
The therapeutic shoe brand we recommend most often to our patients in our Seattle foot clinic is Orthofeet. We have they offer all of the features of other therapeutic shoes at substantially less cost.
Orthofeet womens shoes and Orthofeet mens shoes offer extra room and excellent stability. This helps provide ;pain relief for those suffering from plantar fasciitis, heel spurs, bunions, hammertoes, corns, Mortons neuroma, and swollen feet and toes.
Extra Deep And Extra Padding
These are unique depth shoes that combine unsurpassed comfort with attractive styling. The shoes are designed by biomechanical engineers. Orthofeet shoes;include all the comfort and protection features necessary to treat sensitive feet: extra depth, soft leather padded with foam, seamless breathable lining, ergonomic cushioning sole, orthotic friendly design, and many more.
Recommended Reading: What Happened To Brian Atwood Shoes
After Purchasing For My Son With Very
After purchasing for my son with VERY flat feet, I was sent a link for submitting a review and I saw all the horrible reviews. We were immediately concerned, but decided to wait for them. The shoes arrived in a week. They were as described. In his old shoes, his ankles were at 45 degree angles to his feet, but with these, they are straight and look nice. He still has some pain after walking around a theme park all day, but I am not convinced that he could ever be pain free, even with orthopedics. If I paid $100 in the mall for shoes, I wouldnât expect to get better shoes.I think much of the problem with the bad reviews is Amazon has ruined people to waiting. Everyone expects same-day shipments and they forget that there are real people on the other end. When you leave a one star review, youâd better mean it because what you are doing is taking food off someoneâs plate. It is not just your entitled opinion, it truly matters to the family who owns the business and itâs irresponsible to take lightly. And to the person who says that their main goal is to put a company out of business over one pair of shoes…you got issues.This has been a pleasant experience and a nice pair of shoes.
Dont Waste Your Time And Money
This is the absolute worst company! I ordered a pair of shoes for my niece on 12/4/20, had to call and complain after almost a month of nothing. Received them, their size 10 in womenâs run small, sent back for an exchange with the prepaid label in January. Just contacted them this morning, havenât heard a word since December. They conveniently ânever receivedâ them. I read the reviews and thought âoh, it wonât happen to me and it did. Beware, they really donât follow up, don’t care if you get your order, not as long as they get payment. So many other reputable companies out there. Sorry Orthofeet, you failed.
Read Also: How To Clean White Shoes Nike
Orthofeet Shoes For Women & Men
Using its expertise in foot biomechanics & orthotics design, Orthofeet footwear has integrated in all of its shoes a customized orthotic, which provides precise support along with excellent cushioning. The combination of the orthotic support & the shoe’s other unique comfort features, such as relaxed fitting last, ergonomic sole, and soft padded lining, has resulted in an exceptional wearing experience & unsurpassed comfort. Founded in 1984, Orthofeet shoes are built from the inside out to provide a unique wearing experience and ultimate protection. The unique lining construction of Orthofeet shoes enhances comfort and protection. The non-binding design along with elastic elements of our Orthofeet shoes for men and women eliminate pressure on sensitive feet and painful foot conditions.
Orthofeet Shoe’s are not only for diabetics but also designed for a variety of foot conditions including Heel Pain, Edema or Swollen Feet, Bunions, Flat Feet, Ankle Pain, Arch Pain, Back Pain and Pronation. Wearing Orthofeet footwear means you’re taking a smart step in the right direction to better mobility and comfort.
How To Size Your Shoes
Heres a quick reference for you to make sure the shoes you want are the correct size and have the right specifications to keep your bunions comfortable:
- Length: Youll see multiple numbers that measure the length of your foot, including inches and other national standards, such as U.K., European, and Japanese.
- Width: The average foot is sized on a scale from narrow to wide . You may want to pick a slightly wider size than your foot will fit to allow some room for your bunions without putting pressure on them.
- Toe box: If you have bunions, this is crucial. Make sure you get a wide toe box that leaves room for your bunions to breathe.
- Many shoes are designed and marketed for male or female feet.
Read Also: What Are Okabashi Shoes Made Of
Here’s What Our Happy Customers Are Saying
These offer the ultimate in long-lasting comfort. I used to have pain in my heels and balls of my feet but no more. I have a bunion, hammertoes, wide front foot and narrow heel, low arches but none of that matters with the construction of these shoes.
I struggle with plantar fasciitis, and I could hardly believe how comfortable and supportive these shoes are. I don’t think there’s a better brand on the market. I will not have to look anywhere else for shoes again.
DR. GERSHMAN, DPM
I have been using Orthofeet footwear and orthotics for my patients for over 15 years, and I can attest that they offer the best solution for people with sensitive feet, including those with foot pain, diabetes and arthritis. These shoes are designed with unique ergonomic features that cannot be found in any other brand. My patients love them, and in fact I wear them myself daily, as they are the most comfortable shoes I have ever worn.
Innovative Technology Offers The Most Comfortable Orthopedic Shoes
- Orthofeet orthopedic footwear feature the Ortho-Cushion System with premium orthotic insoles that properly align the foot, reduce overpronation, providing instant pain relief for over 80% of users.
- The soft, seam-free interior;of these orthopedic walking shoes;eliminates pressure points and abrasion, offering superior protection for sensitive feet.
- The cushioning, ergonomic sole of these orthopedic comfort shoes is engineered with a mild Rocker that reduce impacts and significantly improve the ease of walking.
- Extra depth and a wide toe box ensure a comfortable fit, extra room for toe movement and ample space for wider feet or custom orthotics.
- Stretchable, non-binding uppers offered in many of Orthofeet orthopedic shoes eliminate pressure on bunions and hammertoes and sensitive feet.
Read Also: What Tennis Shoes Are Best For Plantar Fasciitis
Orthofeet: Rededicated To Founding Principles With New Leadership Shoe Styles And More
For Orthofeet, the New Jersey-based designer and manufacturer of medical footwear for adults with diabetes, 2013 was a year of major transitions. In the past 12 months the company welcomed a new chief executive officer , doubled its sales force, switched to a larger factory, and initiated a grassroots education alliance with the American Association of Diabetes Educators .
If that werent enough, the company also launched 20 new styles of casual and athletic footwear. Over the last six months, an elite group of professional athletes helped Orthofeet introduce its Performance collection of athletic and casual shoes. The new line features an outer sole that supports movement, absorbs shock, and works with a fitted heel wrap to promote a natural stride.
With a revamped product line and a highly motivated sales team, Orthofeet remains fully committed to helping foot care providers service their patients, said CEO Steve Wasik.
Significantly, Orthofeet also re-established a relationship with its founders, Ahron Bar, PhD, and Michael Bar, the brothers with engineering backgrounds who launched the company in 1984. The Bars handshake-style of doing business and innovative, science-based shoe design acumen led Orthofeet to become the nations second largest brand in the medical footwear category, Wasik said.
The new leadership team has resulted in a rebranding and a rededication to original principles.
Hank Black is a medical writer and editor based in Birmingham, AL.
Are Orthofeet Shoes Worth It
Thats the big question in this OrthoFeet shoes review. This footwear is designed to solve problems and they do a good job at that. Their usefulness then depends on your need to solve this problem. There are downsides but if the need is there, theyre worth a shot. Just be prepared for a little trial and error to find the right fit.
Read Also: Are Vessi Shoes Good For Hiking
Orthofeet Shoes 420 Men’s Lace
The Orthofeet 420 Men’s Lace-up diabetic shoe is a fast lace therapeutic shoe with detailing that maximizes comfort from heel to toe. Seamless lining and extra foam padding provide the ultimate protection and comfort. The diabetic dress shoes feature a fully flexible, non-binding padded collar enhances comfort and fit. The Mens Orthofeet 420 Lace-up Shoes feature a lightweight, cushioning sole with Ergonomic-Stride design that enhances stability and helps propel the foot forward.
These diabetic dress shoes offer unique depth shoes that combine unsurpassed comfort with attractive styling. Orthofeet shoes for men are designed by biomechanical engineers, who have been developing innovative foot care products for over 20 years. The Orthofeet 420’s complete dedication to comfort, performance, and styling has resulted in a footwear line that provides an extraordinary wearing experience. All shoes in the Orthofeet line feature advanced athletic footwear technology, making every pair of Orthofeet Shoes feel like the best sneaker while offering extra comfort and protection. Orthofeet Shoes for men have been proven to work wonders for people suffering from Plantar Fasciitis as well as diabetic feet.
Where Are The Best Places To Shop Orthopedic Shoes Online
There are lots of reasons to invest in a pair of orthopedic shoes. Many podiatrists or physical therapists recommend them if patients have any kind of foot, back, or leg pain that worsens when walking or moving around.
When you go into an orthopedic shoe store, you immediately have more options than a traditional shoe store. Associates will measure your foot using a Brannock device, which takes four separate measurements from each foot. Instead of just using the length from toes to heel, a Brannock device measures the length and width of the foot, the length of the arch, and the length of the toes. After youve been sized, youll be able to choose from a wider array of styles, as well as shoes that have extra width, more arch support, or stability for flat feet.
If youre unable to go into a store for a fitting, you can still purchase orthopedic shoes online. These four online retailers make it really easy to find shoes that are right for your feet.
Also Check: Do Toms Shoes Run Large
Frequent Shopperbenefits And Sales Events
We have excellent quality casual, fun, travel and exercise shoes.
Get 50% off your next pair when you buy five pair of shoes at either Altheas Footwear Solutions location. We give you a punch card and keep track for you!
Sign up for occasional emails with news about upcoming events.
Annual Customer Appreciation Event
See and pre-order next seasons styles showcased by representatives from multiple shoe brands.
Snacks and beverages
Sale on shoes in stock
Be the first to see upcoming styles and meet representatives from our most popular brands.
Four or more events per year, each featuring one brand